Unlimited insights from your web and mobile sites.
See how visitors are really using your website, collect feedback and turn more visitors into customers.
Access to the Public Beta is by invitation only. Request access today.
A New Easy Way to Truly Understand Your Visitors
Everything You Need in One Unified Platform
Understand what users want, care about and do on your site by visually representing their clicks, taps and scrolling behavior - which are the strongest indicators of visitor motivation and desire.
Feedback & Exit Polls
Improving the performance and experience of your website starts with understanding what your visitors want and what's preventing them from achieving it. Target unlimited questions to specific visitors anywhere on your web and mobile site.
Build your own responsive surveys using an easy editor. Collect responses in real-time from any device. Distribute your surveys using web links, emails or invite your visitors just before they abandon your site to uncover their objections or concerns.
Funnel & Form Analysis
Find the biggest opportunities for improvement and testing by identifying on which page and at which step most visitors are leaving your site. Improve online form completion rates by discovering which fields take too long to ﬁll, which are left blank, and why your visitors abandon your form and page.
Visitor Session Playback
Eliminate guesswork with recordings of real visitor behaviour on your site. By seeing your visitor's clicks, taps, mouse movements you can identify usability issues on the ﬂy.
Recruit User Testers
Recruit the best possible participants for user research and testing directly from your site. Collect profiling information, contact details and offer a gift in exchange for their help.
Invite your web and mobile visitors to chat and discover their concerns, questions and objections. Use these insights to change your pages and the user experience to tackle these issues and improve conversion rates.
Optimize your Site's Usability and Conversion Rate
Hotjar is the ideal tool for:
- UX & UI Designers
- Web Developers
- Product Managers
- Digital Marketers
- Agencies & Consultants
Here are just a few examples of how you can use Hotjar Insights:
- Compare taps and clicks before & after tweaks.
- Change page copy to reflect visitor objections.
- Translate common chat questions into FAQs.
- Give your clients or boss proof of what works or not.
- Challenge internal misconceptions & 'best practices'.
- Overhaul forms to generate more leads.
- Impress your clients or colleagues with visual insights.
- Restructure layout based on visitors' objections.
- Test what content works best above 'the fold'.
- Understand why test pages do not beat the control.
- Discover how visitors react to longer or shorter pages.
- Improve navigation.
- Align page copy to the same words used by your visitors.
- Learn what content to move higher or lower on the page.
- Uncover distracting elements that should be removed.
- Discover 'false bottoms' in your pages.
- Know whether your CTAs are attracting attention.
- Identify confusing elements and copy.
- Filter our noise from unqualified user tests.
- Speak directly to visitors before they leave the page.
- Think like an actual visitor by understanding their mindset.
- Prioritise where to test first by identifying big opportunities.
- Reveal anxieties about trust or confusing policies.
- Change layout to streamline navigation and UX.
- Identify what new content needs to be added to the page.
- Confirm your hypothesis before creating new elements.
- Reveal your visitors' pattern of reading the page.
- Identify which elements need to be moved on the page.
- Generate new A/B test ideas.
- Identify UX issues that are frustrating to users.
- Remove or rethink ignored content.
- See which type of imagery works best.
- Ask customers what made them nearly not convert.
- Collect valuable testimonials from customers.
- See how different traffic sources behave on your site.
- Change design and content based on different traffic.
- Improve your UX on different screen resolutions.
- See what falls under 'the fold' on different devices.
- Question the fields used and their impact on conversion.
- Deploy chat on pages with UX issues to get instant feedback.
Hotjar Insights FAQs
Hotjar Insights is a new powerful way to reveal true website user behaviour and experiences in one central tool - giving you the big picture of how you can improve your site's UX and conversion rates. All your data is securely stored in the cloud and is accessible at lightning speed.
When can I start using Hotjar Insights?
Hotjar Insights is in closed beta. We are currently inviting users based on their position in the early access waiting list. You can request access to the beta by signing up with your email above. To move ahead in the queue you can sign-up your friends. Sign-up 5 friends and you get 6 months of free access.
Is it really 'Unlimited'?
Yes – with one simple affordable plan you can generate insights on an unlimited number of websites – and make these available to an unlimited number of users. Hotjar will also gather insights from an unlimited number of page views. To make this possible we sample reports such as heatmaps and visitor playback so you can still get statistically accurate insights at a very affordable price.
How is this different than the other providers such as CrazyEgg, ClickTale and Qualaroo?
Services like CrazyEgg, ClickTale and Qualaroo only offer one core feature e.g. heatmaps – at a premium price. To justify this they create additional features that you really do not need. You are also charged with complex plans based on how many sites, users and page views your site has. Features are also limited based on the plan you pay for. With Hotjar Insights there are no pageview or user limitations – we have just one simple plan that delivers unlimited insights.
How much does it cost?
We're offering unlimited access to Hotjar Insights for free to everyone that shares their unique link during our beta period after signing up. After the beta period, you'll receive an additional month of free, and if you like what you see you will have the option of staying on at $29/month (discounts will be given to all early users). In comparison, $49/month gets you only Heatmaps for 100k page views on services like CrazyEgg.
Who is behind Hotjar? Where are you based?
Hotjar Ltd. is a European startup headquartered on the island of Malta. Our founding team includes experts in Product / SaaS Development, Web Marketing, UX and Conversion Rate Optimization. Dr David Darmanin, a conversion rate expert brought the multi-disciplinary Hotjar team together in early 2014.